Electronic throttle is an important control part of automobile engine. It is composed of engine, speed sensor, throttle and so on. With electronic throttle control system, the throttle opening can be precisely controlled.
Advantages of electronic throttle:
(1) The biggest advantage of electronic throttle control system is that it can achieve the best torque output of the engine in a full range.
(2) Precise control of throttle opening. Firstly, ECU judges and processes all kinds of working condition information and sensor signals, then calculates the optimal throttle opening, and then the driving motor controls the throttle to reach the corresponding throttle opening angle.
(3) The emission performance of the engine is improved. ETC system controls the air-fuel ratio accurately in various situations, making the combustion more sufficient and reducing the generation of exhaust gas; in the idle state, the throttle keeps a small opening angle to stabilize the combustion, improving the fuel economy and further controlling the emissions.
(4) It has higher driving reliability. The electronic throttle control system adopts the sensor redundancy design. From the control point of view, using one sensor can make the system work normally, but the redundancy design can make the two sensors detect each other. When one sensor fails, it can be identified in time, which greatly increases the reliability of the system and ensures the safety of driving.
(5) Different working modes can be selected. According to different driving needs, the driver can select different working modes through mode switch, usually including normal mode, power mode and snow mode. The difference is that the response speed of throttle to accelerator pedal is different.
(6) Altitude compensation is available. In areas with high altitude, the decrease of atmospheric pressure, the rarefied air and the decrease of oxygen content lead to the decrease of engine output power. At this time, the electronic throttle control system can compensate the throttle opening according to the function relationship between atmospheric pressure and altitude, to ensure that the relationship between engine output power and accelerator pedal position remains stable.